Thursday, June 19, 2014

Rhythmic Gymnastic leotard: "Dramatic Bows"

This Rhythmic Gymnastic leotard is based on 2 altered Jalie patterns.
Jalie 3026 and 2792. I needed to adjust the pattern to fit my slim 7 year old, but the pattern and the instructions are very well laid out and easy to follow.
This is a third leotard made from the same pattern(s).
I find that I always have to re-draft the sleeves - not sure if my daughters upper arms are too slim or the pattern pieces are too generous.

I have been asked what I use to applique lycra on lycra (spandex).
In the leotard below both bows and black"ribbon are appliques separately.
While I prepare a tutorial, here is short description:

  • Use a cut of applique fabric large enough to accommodate   all your applique pieces.
  • Trace all your piece to the paper side of your fusible bond, I use HeatBond Feather Lite Iron on 
  • DO NOT CUT OUT your shapes
  • Iron on the  Heat Bond onto your applique fabric
  • Cut out all shapes when cooled off
  • Peel of the paper, position on your leotard, gently iron press to secure and applique (use medium lenth zig-zag to ensure structural garment stretch)
  • Done!








No comments:

Post a Comment