Monday, November 3, 2014

Finished!

This quilt took a very, very long time.
I finished everything but quilting the border and sewing binding 3+ years ago!



2 reasons I never finished it: first of all, it's very large, making it very hard to quilt on a regular machine and second, I had another baby and with 5 kids there just isn't enough time!
Slowly, slowly I was able to complete the quilt and make a matching pillowcase for a standard Ikea throw pillow (even the zipper was a perfect size, no shortening needed- love when that happens!).

 15 minutes after the quilt and the pillow were laid on the couch my almost 4 year old fell asleep snuggled under the quilt and slept for few hours.
And just to think that she was a tiny baby when I started the quilt!

Pattern: Organic Style - Free pattern from Moda Bake Shop
Fabric: Jelly Roll Strips from Connecting Threads
Border: Kona Cotton in Wheat and Espresso
Batting: Warm and Natural.
Quilting: machine quilted with large all over stipple
Finished size: 70"x70"

No comments:

Post a Comment