Tuesday, November 24, 2015

New Rhythmic Gymnastics Leotard - work in progress

I usually don't post pics of work in progress, but this one has been on a back burner for a while and I need some motivation.
Based on a new Jalie Pattern 3356, which they call Rhythmic Gymnastic Dress.
It's a great foundation pattern piece for complicated full body applique and here is why: the top and skirt are cut as one piece (one each for front and back) and the brief is sewn in at waist, which is great for accommodating short/long torsos.
Also features an invisible zipper closure and finger loop on sleeves.



Here is what I have so far, while I'm still playing around with applique placement.

 I always cut full length foundation piece and cut away when necessary after applique placement.

I use a rotary cutter   and free hand to cut curves, so there are not always exactly where I sketch them out.




















Here are Jalie versions:















No comments:

Post a Comment