Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Cowl Neck Sweater Knit A-line dress for girls

Although I haven't made the Laundry Day Tee from Love Notions yet, I purchased the girl version as soon as they released it:

Love the easy fit and multiple options on this pattern!

  1. Tunic, Shirt and Dress Length
  2.  4 necklines: scoop, cowl (we are loving right now), hood and assymetrical colar- definitely trying this next
  3. Sleeves: elbow, long tank and bishop (gathered at the bottom)
  4. inseam pockets
  5. high-low hem
 




First of all, this pattern is definitely great for beginners.
I used sweater knit for both dress and cowl and the dress is a big hit.
Many times, my girls prefer simple pieces of clothing to the frou-frou complicated ones I make.
Great true to size fit, but the pockets were a little low for my shorter girl.

 Design ideas: 
  • Lace overlay over a solid background with lace sleeves and solid assymetrical collar
  •  Denim with flower details (made this! pics to follow)
  • Flower print with sold cuffs/collar


No comments:

Post a Comment