Thursday, December 24, 2015

New Patterns: My Image magazines, Kwik Sew, Butterick and McCalls

Who wants to work on sewing projects when there are new patterns arriving every day?
I received 2 shipments in 2 days and one of them was lost by the post office for such a long time, I already forgot what patterns I ordered.

My Image 

I've been waiting to try these for a while. After subscribing to Ottobre (both kids and women) for a few years, I stopped, mostly because there wasn't enough time to sew in dozens of Ottobres I already own.

My Image appealed to me for 2 reasons: size range and the fact that each pattern option is featured in different fabrics and sizes in each issue. I love seeing all the options.

Once they sent an email for Black Friday sale - 50% off and free shipping, and free additional pattern of choice I jumped at the opportunity.

Here are the issues I ordered:

 





Here is the line drawing for Fall/Winter 2915-2016


 A nice range of sizes and a nice range of patterns: a tunic, 5 dresses, 2 pants, a basic pencil skirt, sweater, cardigan, 2 jackets and a coat.

Here is an example of a skirt as presented in the issue:







 All 6 designs use the same pattern, the only skirt pattern in this issue.
I will post a more detailed review once I actually trace and use the patterns.

Butterick, McCalls and KwikSew Patterns



Butterick B6136 - Katherine Tilton
Such a nice looking tunic!

I love the princess seams, and of course, it's a Katherine Tilton pattern, definitely fun!

Here is another one: Butterick B6218



 



Two more tops (yes, they were all on sale for $3.99)

















And a skirt pattern: Butterick B5466

Whew, that's a lot. Now I need time to sew it all up. I suspect I have enough fabric for most of these.

No comments:

Post a Comment